Records and Reports
File a Report Online
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- The incident occurred in Ocean Township (Ocean County) New Jersey
- The incident is not an emergency
- The incident is not a crime in progress
- The incident does not require immediate police involvement
- There are no known suspects
- There are no injured persons
- The type of incident is listed below. No other types of incidents may be reported online using this system.
The Ocean Township Police Department has digitalized its crash reports through a partnership with the Carfax Police Crash Assistance Program. The reports are stored electronically in a secure database and available for purchase online.
Handicap Parking Permit application forms can be obtained from the Records Bureau.
Open Public Records Act
The position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133) to serve as the custodian of public records.