Chief Michal J. Rogalski began his law enforcement career with the Ocean Township Police Department is 2005 where he spent his first 5 years within the uniformed patrol division. In 2010 he was assigned to the Criminal Investigations Division as a detective until 2012 when he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and re-assigned to the patrol division as a squad supervisor. In 2015 he was once again transferred back to the Criminal Investigations Division where served as the unit commander.
In December of 2017, Michal Rogalski was promoted to the rank of Chief of Police and has been running the day to day operations of the police department since.
During Chief Rogalski’s law enforcement career he has been the recipient of the Mother Against Drunk Driving Outstanding Service Award on two separate occasions, once in 2006 and once again in 2013. He also received the M.O.C.I.B. Walter C. Witt President’s Award for his direct involvement with a multimillion dollar burglary investigation and subsequent arrest. Chief Rogalski holds a Master of Administrative Science degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University and a Master of Homeland Security degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University, he is also a member in the Order of the Sword and Shield National Academic and Professional Honor Society. Chief Rogalski is a graduate of the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police West Point Command and Leadership program where upon graduation he was awarded the Chief Harry Wilde Academic Achievement Award and then served as an instructor within the program. Chief Rogalski is also a certified as an Accredited Chief Executive by the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police.
In October of 2019, as the Department Accreditation Manager, Chief Rogalski was able to receive accreditation status for the police department.
Chief Rogalski is currently a member of the Ocean County Police Chiefs Association, the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police, the National Association of Chiefs of Police, the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the Fight Crime: Invest in Kids Council for a Strong America.
In addition to the everyday duties of the Chief of Police, he is responsible for the following duties within the Division:
- The establishment and maintenance of efficient operation of the Police Division.
- The organization, control and maintenance of all property and resources within the Division.
- The development of the written organizational structure of the Division to include the chain of command as well as all duty assignments.
- The development and implementation of all directives necessary to govern the day-to-day operations of the Police Division.
- The maintenance of overall discipline within the Division.
- The maintenance of constructive relationships with the public, community organizations, the media and other law enforcement agencies.
Chief Michal J. Rogalski
609-693-4007 ext 310